The possibility of an extraterrestrial presence on Earth has been dealt with for many decades from very different perspectives. The ever-present problem has been the accuracy of our perception and evaluation of the situation, considering the secrecy surrounding this issue and the fact that we may be dealing with civilizations more advanced than our own. How deep is our understanding of the many implications of such a presence, how complete our perception, how much of its complexity can we embrace? The past and present research and interpretation of the phenomenon differ considerably, partly because of the different criteria used for assessing credibility and integrity of testimonies.
Who we are
We are a network of professionals and organizations from all over the world who share an interest in exopolitics. The discovery of extraterrestrial intelligence will have a profoundly transformative effect on our global culture, and warrants serious attention. Given the advancements in astronomy and astrobiology, the discovery of extraterrestrial intelligence is not a matter of if, but of when. Our own anthropological history contains many examples of how devastating the effects of a first contact between unequally developed societies may become. Therefore, it is time to start preparing for such a scenario now.
Glexo, the Global Exopolitics Organization, is a not for profit organization that is dedicated to the study, promotion and support of exopolitics in a factual, professional, reliable and scientific manner. To this end, we seek to establish an international network of researchers and organizations with whom we can cooperate.
- To research and publish our findings about the global repercussions to be expected for mankind in the event of first contact with an extraterrestrial intelligence, in terms of society, geopolitics, economy, science, philosophy, ethics, religion, and other fields of human existence
- To gather and publish reliable information on a range of areas involved, including SETI, astrobiology, space law, contact experiences, consciousness research, UFOs/UAPs, propulsion technologies, new energy sources, and environmental aspects
- To build an international network of academics and professionals engaged in researching and publishing about those topics
- To encourage an open-minded and informed public discussion about those topics
- To support unbiased media reporting on those topics
- To promote exopolitical science as an academic discipline